• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with Nexus S 4G general questions and rooting/applying roms

JBOY11

Nov 6, 2011
Hello all,

I've had the EVO 4G for about 1 year and as of recently I have dropped it and cracked the screen. So I figured its about time to upgrade to something new.

I have set my eyes upon a Nexus S 4G. It's used but I can get into it for about $80. So, I figure it's a good deal right, what do you think?

An perks of this phone? I'm assuming that it will be a little faster than the EVO since its a bit newer and I hear that Samsung builds great phones.

But here is MY ONE huge need if I get this phone. It must have a free hacked hotspot built into the rom. (I am able to run my hotspot on my EVO 4G now and its fast enough to play Mondern Warfare 3 on my PS3 ONLINE). Will the Nexus $G be fast enough to do this and do any of the roms have this hacked hotspot built in them?

I am looking for the best rom and kernel out there to use as well.

I might need some help once I get the phone since I am such a noob at the the process of rooting and applying roms and kernels... like step by step if possible.

Any help sent my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones