Help with notification icon? Please help!Support

Last Updated:

1. ohitsjaz

ohitsjaz Member This Topic's Starter

so i have the samsung behold 2 and i need a bit of help. im using chompsms instead of the basic messaging & whenever i receive an sms, two notifications go off. one from the basic messaging and one from chompsms app. i've looked thru my phone for hours trying to figure out how to turn of the basic messaging notification icon but i couldn't find it. can someone please help because it's getting so annoying and i want the basic messaging notification icon to go away & just have the chompsms notification.

Advertisement
  2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

There is no fix for that sadly. Only solution...flash one of bh_mans roms without twiz then you can turn off the notifications

3. ohitsjaz

ohitsjaz Member This Topic's Starter

oh really? that kinda sucks. |: well what is "flash one of bh_mans rom without twiz"? what is that & how could i access that?

4. rleal2010

rleal2010 Well-Known Member

i wonder if there is a way that you can make your chompsms a default messaging app, and then just turn off notifications for chompsms

so that way when you receive ONE notification, it will take you to your default messaging app (well at least in theory it should)

bh_man's rom without twiz doesn't disable fix the problem, however i wonder if the galaxy rom fixes it.

5. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Yeah they do. They do not use the twiz mms app. With no twiz you CAN turn off notifications. One or two versions may have twiz app but most use stock mms app plus on the few that use twiz app you can adb push the stock mms app just rename it the same name as the twiz app before push

6. xxallstarr20xx

xxallstarr20xx Member

I have a fix that I posted in another thread to get rid of the duplicate notifications..download "automatic task killer" from the android market enable it to kill the stock messaging (along with anything else that you dont want running)but not chomp sms...and anytime the screen turns off it (this triggers the automatic task killer) will kill the stock messaging icon and leave you with just the chomp notification

7. okysnous

okysnous New Member

if people are still looking to do this (and remove the annoying double notification, if youre runninng handcent or chompsms on behold II), this is how i did it

First you have to gain root access (look that up)
    then, get "root explorer" from the market
    then, using root explorer go to your system/app and copy your stock TwMms.apk, go back and paste it at a safe location on your sdcard (as a backup)
    Then, get the app posted here from emeryfan1988
    Modified Mms.apk-Turn-off debug mode, stop application from lagging [Updated: 08/21] - xda-developer...
    rename it to TwMms.apk and put it on your sdcard (of course NOT in the same location you pasted the original behold 2 twmms.apk)
    Then, use root explorer to go to where you pasted the renamed app, long click on it and hit copy
    then, go to system/app and hit paste.. (of course choose to replace the existing app)
    This gives you access to all the old settings under messaging, where you can disable the phone sms notification and use just the one from handcent!!

and behold.. the behold 2 can run handcent with no double notifications
    if someone needs more detailed instructions, then post and I'll do the work (with link to all processes)