• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with really poor wifi reception

THORN74

Apr 26, 2010
Hey all, my issue is with the wifi reception of my tab. As I type this I am less than six feet from the wireless accespoint here at work and I have 1 bar. The internet is very laggy and intermitant. Normally for this exact spot I am able to get full bars. Some times I can turn off the wifi and turn it back on and get a different signal strength without moving.

At home the problem persists with spotty coverage anywhere on the second floor.

Is there any revised software/firmware for the wifi radio? Does anyone else have these issues?

Never heard of or experienced that problem (and we have two GTab 10.1s in this household). I wonder if you are transmitting on a valid channel? For example, in the U.S., only channels 1-11 are valid. But if your router/AP was intended for international market and transmitting on say channel 12, it might possibly be detectable on channel 11 when you are only 6 feet away (though performance would be terrible). I suggest downloading the app, Wifi Analyzer, and see if that helps you figure it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones