• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with SD card

crewchief227

Oct 2, 2010
Hey all,

I did a search and could not get what I am looking for so here it goes. I don't have a regular computer at home nor a friend that has one so I really on my evo as my pocket laptop, anyways when I dumped AT&T my old phone had a 1 gb card with a little over 100 songs I have downloaded and still have this card. Now instead of going online and downloading all of these songs is there a way to pop out the 8 gb card in my evo then popping in the other card and transferring the mp3 onto the onboard memory then swapping the 8 gb card back into my evo and transferring the songs onto the new card? Please any help is useful I am computer Davy as I work as a network systems engineer for the government I am just not Android savy as I am in my first week messing with the Droid.

something like Estrong file manager.. might be able give u assess to other drives. my guess, you will need root access.

or..

use a website that gives you a free storage area...
dump your files there from the 1gb.
then bring them back to your new card.

or..

email them to yourself..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones