Help with SD cardSupport

Last Updated:

1. crewchief227

crewchief227 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I did a search and could not get what I am looking for so here it goes. I don't have a regular computer at home nor a friend that has one so I really on my evo as my pocket laptop, anyways when I dumped AT&T my old phone had a 1 gb card with a little over 100 songs I have downloaded and still have this card. Now instead of going online and downloading all of these songs is there a way to pop out the 8 gb card in my evo then popping in the other card and transferring the mp3 onto the onboard memory then swapping the 8 gb card back into my evo and transferring the songs onto the new card? Please any help is useful I am computer Davy as I work as a network systems engineer for the government I am just not Android savy as I am in my first week messing with the Droid.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

No, you'll have to have some other drive (ie...computer) to drag/drop. The phone can't transfer from one card to the other.

3. crewchief227

crewchief227 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Danny that sucks I guess I will have to go thru the long process of downloading the same songs from 4shared.com thanks for the help anyways.

4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

something like Estrong file manager.. might be able give u assess to other drives. my guess, you will need root access.

or..

use a website that gives you a free storage area...
    dump your files there from the 1gb.
    then bring them back to your new card.

or..

email them to yourself..

5. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

Another thought...

Do you still have the old phone? Does it have bluetooth? Pair them and bluetooth the files over to the new phone/card