Help with setting date and time in Droid X's CameraSupport

Last Updated:

1. raebad

raebad New Member This Topic's Starter

Basic but frustrating issue with my Droid X - the time stamp for the pictures that I take are way off - the date is actually right, but the time is something like 7 hours too fast.

My phone's date and time is set correctly, of course (it does so automatically) - for some reason though, the camera's date stamp is wrong and I can't figure out how to adjust it. Any idea how I can fix the date and time for the camera?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Let me guess, you are in the central or western half of the United States or Canada.

If so, the pictures are being timestamped in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) which is the time zone that encompasses the Prime Meridian (0 degrees longitude). This is probably an Android feature/annoyance because GMT is considered "universal time".

-Mike

3. raebad

raebad New Member This Topic's Starter

That's right - the time stamp must be showing GMT (its 7 hours off PST) when I review the file info on my computer.

BUT, its actually stamped with the right time when I look at the file in my picture gallery in my Droid X.

Anybody have any ideas how I can fix things so that picture files on my computer correctly display the time the picture was taken?

4. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

The time on your photos is correct, in fact it is even more correct than local time because GMT has no daylight savings offset. As far as nerds are concerned, GMT IS the only correct time.

-Mike

5. Rmannon2

Rmannon2 New Member

On the subject of date stamp. Can anyone direct me to an app that will put the date stamp on my droid X photos
    Motorola tech says that feature is not available
    Thanks

6. dollface219

dollface219 New Member

Yes! Anyone know an app/setting?!?!?!?!?!?!?!????!!!

7. krosenqu

krosenqu Member

BUMP. This is a very annoying issue. I have 4 cameras in my family and all of the pics taken with the droid x are off by 7 hours (CST here). I need a fix so all of the picutres line up.

Takes pics in cst:
    Canon A1000
    Canon S5is
    Motorola Droid
    Every other digital camera I've ever owned.

Takes pics in gst:
    Motorola Droid X
    Motorola Droid 2

8. n2h2o

n2h2o New Member

hello, i too have this issue. it shows up on my emails from my other personal account. work related. how do i change this?