• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps help with simple tasks

echo3hotel

Lurker
Nov 9, 2010
I've created and published a simple app(USMC Knowledge), and right now I'm in the process of adding some more features. They should be simple to implement but I can't find any literature on how to learn to do these things. If anyone can provide a link to a site with instructions or help with coding that'd be great. Here's my agenda:

Make an image that is displayed zoomable
--I already am displaying the image in a LinearLayout with an ImageView inside and it works fine. But I can't find a way to make it zoomable, I've found a way to add the buttons but it's not functional.

I would like to add a pdf file to the app, and make it zoomable/searchable.

Finally I want to make a custom calculator. IE 3 designated inputs will give a single specific output.

Any kind of information is GREATLY appreciated. I can't find anything on the web for any of this..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones