• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help with Verizon message +( texting app)

RiceKake104

Lurker
Jul 28, 2015
I've been using the Verizon message + texting app instead of the green smilyface message app... I've got photos attached to contacts so when I receive a call or text it shows there picture... And mine shows up when I send a message to myself ( testing purposes) and others, but my photo doesn't show up when I send someone a text back, in a conversation. Ya know like the actual text I sent and can see in the texting conversation. But it shows my photo beside each text in the green smiley face text app, but not the Verizon + text app. Is it not possible in the Verizon + app? Only in the green messaging app? I've also added my photo to my contact info (me) and also in Google+. Still nothing... I hope there is a way and someone can help me :) I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

Last time I used that app they didn't show up, nor did they in Hangouts. I'm using the Google Messenger app right now, that does show it. I don't recall if they showed in Textra when I used that.

I've yet to find the perfect SMS/MMS app (for me), Google Messenger comes close. It just needs a bit more customization, I'd like both text bubbles in a conversation to be white. Then I think I would be truly happy with one app and wouldn't be switching all over the place. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I didn't think Google Messenger had custom ring/vibrate on a per contact basis?
Per contact, no - per conversation, yes.

(So, each conversation you can choose a custom notification, but a group MMS conversation is separate from a contact, so if you get a group conversation from individual contacts you won't get the custom ringtone for the contacts, but the one for the group conversation.)

Reactions: Thom
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones