• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Help with what Kernal to use?

00mcd00

Aug 6, 2010
I just rooted and am running the Sky Raider 3.1 RC3 ROM. I believe this rom comes with KingxKernal #1. I am not getting great battery life as of right now and am hoping that someone can suggest a new Kernal to help with this. I've read that KingKernal #4 can help with battery life, is this compatible with the rom that I am currently using? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

It's all good....I've never tried any of the stock ones but've tried pretty much everything else overclocked and what not without any issues, this is more like trial and error for some, every phone and setup could be different and some people claim that the phone freezes or reboots and so on.....never happened to me but there is always the posibility for that, as for safe, remember always to perform a nandroid backup just to be safe or keep a known working kernel in the sd-root just in case, no need to wipe or anything when installing, piece of cake ! good luck....

Upvote 0
i also downloaded the overclock kernel and saved it on my desktop. this is afer i installed the stock hydra kenel, tonight i went to move the overclock to the root of my sd card and when i went to install it on my phone i didnt see it all i saw was the stock kernel from hydra. anyway to replace it with the oveclock kernel? please help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones