• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I got the lg shine plus, I rooted it, and I installed titanium backup. I then did something very stupid. I used titanium backup to delete google talk, and now I cannot install any apps from the android market, download any apps, or even download anything with the phone. I would just load the google talk .apk files onto the sd card and then install them using a file manager, but I booted into recovery and reset my phone so I don't have a file manager, and can't even install one. What can I do to get all my google apps back so that my phone works properly?

I also tried emailing rootexplorer.apk to my phone, but when I tried to install the application it said "there is a problem parsing the package"

Never mind, solved my own problem :p install the the android SDK and install the google talk .apk's with command prompt on your computer (using ADB) [UPDATE] to anyone who is having a similar problem, this guide (link below) provides a much more in depth guide on using your computer (PC) to install applications on your phone. also, in order to recover accidentally deleted programs, search up the name of the app deleted, and if necessary the version number of your android os, on google and most of the time there is a link to a file sharing website that has your app(s) uploaded (in .apk form) of course all that can be a bit easier if you backed up all your apps beforehand, unlike me. LINK: Using ADB to install Applications on your android handset. voxiGee's Blog

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones