• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Helpful to anyone?

Was this helpful?

• NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bruh..get a life I already know this

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4-sprint/general/tutorial-video-how-flash-t3689579

the link to XDA

but mostly,
This is probably in the wrong section and I'm very sorry as I'm new to this forum and posting.
BUT! I've made a video and this tutorial to help others just fine their way around here I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7eq...ature=youtu.be

How I Flashed My Note 4 Back to Stock! And then Root with Magisk and Having Working Mods or Some Minimal Extras!.

Just a tutorial for new people or in general to just felt like a help in need of doing this process.. and haven't seen anyone else post in exact details.

I haven't had any problems after I've done this and i will be posting a follow up video soon. .. But Yeah, I hope this helps everyone. :/

===
So, first off I'd have to say thank you for the support everyone, now let 's get down to business.

Also, please take this to a high acknowledge as this WILL! ERASE!! EVERYTHING!
Off your device, I'm not responsible for your misguided actions.
So, PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! BACKUP! YOUR PHONE!

Let's Start Shall We
wink.gif

==Steps====

(... I'm Using Windows 10 64Bit ...)

1st.) DRIVERS!
Make Sure that you have Installed the Drivers for your Device.
the "SM-N910P" Varient.

What I have installed is "SAMSUNG USB Drivers for Mobile Phones - v1.5.63.0 "
You can find this on the sam-mobile website, or you're own provided sources. Google.

2nd.) BACKUP!
So, we're at the stage where we need to back the phone up.
After you had finished install driver's it's important that you Restart YOUR PC.
Just in case, so that you're able to Connect your Device and View your Files!.

I Typically Connect my phone either Usb 2.0 or 3.0 doesn't matter,
Allow Permissions to Access My DATA and then I just backup my "Internal Storage" by going inside and selecting everything
and then pasting it Onto a "New Folder" On My Desktop.

I Mainly Copy over everything that's listed on my device, except the folders called
.Android and Com.Facebook.Orca Folders.
As that's just a folder just for the app to function or the app data,
which doesn't even consist of anything from your picture or videos. Just app stuffs, rendered as useless.

After wards, I Highly recommend Downloading an app called "Easy Backup & Restore"
AS this app WILL! actually backup your Contacts, SMS and call Logs and even MMS in the text per contact.
All you have to do from there is set a save location, Allow the app to think it's the stock messages app, back it up.
it saves it as an XML File and then afterwards. Your Done, and just tap the button to switch it back to normal.

!!!!You Might need to back this file on your PC ASWELL! or else you will lose your texts in general!!!!

Moving Forward....

3rd.) Triple Checking!
AS a Side "Note" no pun intended.....
THIS WILL VOID ANY WARRENTIES! you have for your device.
Unless you had bought this from Online or Secondhand, like me
From Ebay for 120$ Used. Then You can bypass this part.
wink.gif
as this step isn't covered by your
Mobile Insurances plans like "TEP". All they would suggest is to grab another phone or if you're lucky.
Like my old phone an S6, i literally tried flashing the OTA and it wouldn't boot, but that's all they know.
wink.gif

EFS issues..lol.... you know what i mean.

4th.) FLASHING!
Now! that you don't have any warrenties and have backed up your phone for sure, Made sure you remeber all your logins and passwords.
I"d Highly suggest to Safely Remove your SDCARD!, so it won't get formatted by accident, I'd know this.

Afterwards, you will Likely make sure your phone is at least 30% or 50% or Recommended 100% Battery Life to Coninute the process.
Without sudden power loss failure.

Another thing make sure you go into your "Settings" and then Select "About Phone" And then Tap the
"Build Number" Several of times until it says it's activated, Afterwards go Into "Developer Options" and select
"OEM Unlocking" so you won't have that nasty FRP LOCK issue. if that's the case.
wink.gif
if it's not there then no need to worry.

AS soon as that's Completed. You're All Set!.

5th.) Let's Flash Baby! ;D

So, for this step you need to download these Files, "Odin" STOCK Image/Tar and Custom Recovery!.

I'm using "Odin3 v3.10".

and Download The Stock Image or in this case ".Tar" file.

I'm using, "N910PVPS4DPJ1_N910PSPT4DPJ1_N910PVPS4DPJ1_HOME.ta r" for the day.

and Also Team Win Recovery Project "TWRP" V3.1.1.0 .img or .tar whatever you prefer for this one.

///Note ////
What I usually do but isn't recommended is, when This file is done download from one of your own sources.
I'd Extract the same label file but with ".rar" at the end of it with Winrar
and then GO INTO THE EXTRACTED FOLDER, look for the file and then I'd erase the extension "..md5" and keep
the whole "..tar" extension instead, to "SKIP" File Intergrity, from Odin. Makes flashing easier for me, Haven't had any problems.
///////////

Anyways, you would then Start Up ODIN with ADMIN RIGHTS, then Select the Label "AP".
Afterwards Select that TAR file you just extracted.
Then, Make Sure "Auto-Reboot" Is Selected and "F. Reset Time"... Don't Check the other labels, please.

Unplug Your Phone (if it's still connected and done being backed up and what not)
Restart the Phone into DL MODE or Download Mode,
via Powering Off the Phone or Taking out the Battery, Putting it back in.

Then Pressing Vol Down, Power And Home Buttons! Simultaneously! You Shoud Feel 1 small Vibrate and then let go of those buttons.
You should then see a Continue or Restart Phone text.

You would then select Continue, And then It should Prompt to a new screen saying "Downloading..."

Now at this point you may connect your Device, Your PC should be Installing New Drivers, wait for that to be Done.
And or By Then if it's already installed, Check back with Odin to See if anything's Listed under "ID:COM"
Mine was Com 3, Highlighted Baby Blue.

After you see that, go ahead and say bye bye and select "Start" to Flash your phone back to Stock!... this should take roughly 10 Minutes.

After this is all done and your phone may have rebooted 3 or 4 Times during the process.

6th.) Going through setup!.

You're now prompted with the "Welcome Screen" HOORAY! SUCCESS!! You're Now Back to Stock! but we're not done yet.

Now go ahead and skip this setup by just speeding throught like i always do.

Enabling Wifi of course, unallow data being sent to samsung or google , yada yada, add google account, don't restore apps
I will do that later, yada yada.

Once that's done, it should reboot or not.
What I alway before I commence the next step is to make Sure that I Installed Snapchat 1st and Logged into it.

As this now has ROOT detection, and if it's preinstalled or even just freshly installed you won't be able to login to it.
Unless you went ahead of this then well,
You need to erase the ROOT and try again, you might even need to contact the support team of snapchat because it can
lock your account from this issue *(goodluck)*

This method doesn't matter, as long as your google play services is updated and the play store.
Than you can intsall Snap from the Store or from your SDCARD saved APK File.

Now you're ready to move onto the next step.

7th.) CUSTOM RECOVERY!

Flashing Custom Recovery.
Okay so, after you have successfully logged into Snap, you may now, REBOOT your phone back into "DL MODE" again

So, This Time we're now going to flash your custom recovery.
I've always been using "TWRP v3.1.1.0"

So, what we do next is Open Odin back up again, or if you had it Open already Click the Reset Button,
SELECT the "AP" button again BUT THIS TIME!
Select the TWRP File as I mentioned earlier.

After that's been done, go ahead and Click Start.
Once that's done it should automatically BOOT into Recovery but if not, Go Ahead and as soon as it Reboots.
go ahead and holding the VOL UP HOME AND POWER Simultanesly
Until you feel the 1st Vibrate and then 2nd Vibrate with a Visual of Saying REBOOTING INTO RECOVERY.
Then You've successfully made it into "TWRP".

( Same sequence like DL MODE except, going ahead and holding the VOL UP HOME AND POWER Simultanesly )
Either by Powering Off UI or Battery Pull Method or Auto Reboot from ODIN.. anyways
At this point I inserted my SDCARD back into my phone because it has the necesarry files for this partm you should do the same.

8th.) ROOTING PROCESS!
Now onto the ROOT.

From Here this Is OPTIONAL...

What I do tho is... I Pop in my 16GB SDCARD, size doesn't matter as in space.

Now for this step you need to download another 3 files
As long as you have these 3 Files you're good to go,"Magisk v14.0", "Magisk Manager APK", and "UN7 Modset",
Slap those files onto your SD CARD or Internal Storage or OTG even, the choice is yours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ Actual ROOT Process~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'd then reboot My phone into TWRP and then
Allow Flashing in TWRP, then Selecting the "INSTALL" button, and Selecting MY SDCARD as the Storage Location.
I'd then Start by Selecting The, Magisk v14.0 and Flashing that file first, once that's completed go ahead and select.
"Reboot Back To System" and then Selecting "DO Not Install" so you wouldn't have to install TWRP to the System Partition.

Afterwards, it should Reboot, and then Vibrate once, and then Reboot again like a soft reboot,
and then the phone will be back to normal.
( optional battery pull, then holding power button )

I'd then go into the app called "My Files" and then I'd Go into my 16GB SDCARD and Installing the Magisk Manager APK, that's only
if it's not already insatlled... if it isn't do that and if it is.
Then I'd go into the APP to see if it's a Success with installation. Once It is. I'd then Press the tab and Select Magisk hide
then selecting the Snapchat app.

================================================== ===================

Afterwards I'd then Reboot back into Recovery.

Flash the "UN7 Modset" for the, Beast mode kernal r61 ZL PJ1 Based by Freeza and then V4A 2.5.0.5 and then the Camera UHQ+ Tweak.
Everything else is up to you for the Boot Animation Changes, and or Dolby Atmos even tho I'm not sure how V4A and dobly will interefere.

Once you have selected those few tweaks, go ahead and let them flash and once that's done, go ahead and let it reboot....

================================================== ====

AS soon as the phones Back to normal, Check the V4A app to see if it's successfull, and if it is then you have Successfully.
ROOTed your device With a V4A Audio Mod, Camera Tweak and even a Custom Kernel.

LAST STEP!
Is to now go back into TWRP and Flash Magisk, one more time, and then Reboot The Phone Back to Normal.

Have fun with your customizations.

I take no credit for the following flash files, just a tutorial to install all of the above properly.

I hope this helped out you alot today, and as always take care and godbless.

Profit????.....

As a side note....
IF YOU HAVE THE MMC READ FAIL MESSAGE!!!
Which consists of Random Reboots, Heating Issues when theirs hardly no apps on, or even Lag or Glitchyness.
The Temp FiX that I've been using everyday and haven't had these issues since was downloading this app
WakeLock Manager and setting to PARTIAL LOCK! on Level 4.

====Links===

Anything Higher than 3.10+ will work.
And Making sur that your selecting AUTO REBOOT AND F RESET TIME THATS IT>>>> ONLY USING AP METHOD FOR TAR.
Odin3 v3.10: http://odindownloader.com/download/odin3-v3-10-7

TAR:
http://downloadmirror.co/1Ksy/N910PVPS4DPJ1.zip

https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/...S4DPJ1/109071/

https://samsung-firmware.org/downloa...N910PSPT4DPJ1/

http://samsung-updates.com/details/8...PVPS4DPJ1.html

TWRP 3.1.1.0 TRLTE: https://dl.twrp.me/trlte/

UN7 AROMA MODSET: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634768841

DRIVERS: http://samsungusbdriver.com/download...iver-v1-5-63-0

Easy Backup & Restore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...sybackup&hl=en

MAGISK!!

https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...mless-t3473445

Just click on Latest Magisk and Latest Manager, it should still be Magisk v14.0 and 5.3.0 for the Manager

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones