hero creak?

Last Updated:

1. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

for a little while now the back part of the phone i dont know what to call it i guess the battery cover has been creaking and making cracking noises if i put any pressure on the back of the phone or sides of the phone so pretty much what im wonddering is iff im the only one

Advertisement
  2. dennistpm

dennistpm Member

I don't know about the back because I have a snap-on plastic case on it. But my hard buttons do creak a tiny bit when I press them.

3. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yea that happens too when i press the back button then press home it like clicks cause its loose

4. Michaelvg1

Michaelvg1 Well-Known Member

I returned mine for the same reason. Just make sure you try a couple before leaving the store.

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

No problem here.

6. ned23

ned23 Well-Known Member

My previous HTC phone ended up with several cracks in it in the year I had it. I replaced the battery cover once, and the side of the phone housing also cracked. The chips also ran really hot in it.

I'm really dubious of HTC quality control, I did not get another HTC.

7. camdz

camdz Well-Known Member

Mine does this if I push on the top right corner (when looking at the back). It was solid with no creaks when I received the phone, so Im not going to bother trying to get a new one. I have a feeling a lot of them will do this after they are "broken in". My Treo Pro did the same thing.

8. BLUFALCON78

BLUFALCON78 Member

Mine is just two days old so no creaks just yet but I have noticed the battery door is extremely hard to take off. Took me forever when I first got it so I could put my sd card in.

9. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member

Had mine for about two months and my rear cover creaks like the previous poster explained and the bottom button housing "clicks" as well. I have also started to notice dust inside the screen on the lower left corner. A shame, considering I thought this phone was well-built when I first got it.

10. puffx0r

puffx0r Active Member

My top-rear creaks as well. I thought it was cause I had dropped it.

11. acp

acp Well-Known Member

Yes, top and sides on my phone creak quite a bit as well. I can even hear it when I tap the glass on the sides.

12. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

same here, same spot.. kind of annoying, but doesn't really bother me all that much to even bother with it. Most of the time I have my case on, so I won't notice it anyway. Only take the case off when I have to dress up and don't want such a large profile from the phone+case in my pocket.