• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hero Freaking Out - Hot battery, flashing buttons

k847ybm

Lurker
Sep 17, 2009
HI All,

Last night my Hero had haf it's battery left, I watched a tv programme went to check my email and the phone was completely dead! The whole phone was rather warm indeed, I took the back cover off and the battery was I think the cause of the heat.

I went to bed and put the phone on charge, woke up and again the batterry was very warm but this time as an extra quirk the charging indication light and the row of four hard buttons (Call/Home/Menu/End Call) have the back light behind them flash on/off intermittantly and I had like 5mins battery left.

My first thought is my battery has simply died/failed but I wouldn't of thought the battery would cause the lights to be flickering so perhaps something wrong with the phone too...??

Grateful for anyones else's insight/opinions.

Well just back from from my networks repair centre (vodafone), they didn't really confirm anything at all apart from saying they would send it off to be repaired as it should still be under warranty. Only problem there is that can take like 2 weeks and because I've insured my phone through my bank Vodafone won't give me a courtesy phone. Need to see if my bank's mobile insurance can just replace it as I'm sure no-one would be without a mobile for 2 weeks.

Or in the meantime, ebay for a new battery...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones