• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero, will I ever love you?

I've calibrated and recalibrated. Reset, tried that, then recalibrated again. Swapped back and forth from stock to Better Keyboard. The correction and prediction would be great, except that the input generates so many mistakes that it often guesses the wrong word or doesn't even give me the option of the word I was trying to type, so I have to back up and try again. If I don't, then there is a correctly spelled incorrect word, which makes it even more impossible for people to interpret than just horrible misspellings. Very frustrating.

The input on the Hero is just horrible, horrible, horrible. The more I use it, the more horrible it becomes. The more I compare it to a proper touchscreen keyboard, the more horrible it becomes. It's atrocious. It lags so bad that if I turn off all the features (prediction, autocorrection, vibration, sound) I'm still a word ahead of what it puts on screen, and I'm no speed demon. It consistently things I want the letter below then one I really want, even after multiple calibrations, some intentionally hitting higher trying to bias it upwards. No luck. And it often gives me the letter to the side of what I want too. My hands aren't huge and my fingers are slim. I didn't have this problem AT ALL on another phone.

And it's worse in landscape mode than portrait. WTF?

Weird. I type pretty fast, and have pretty big fingers. Perhaps you have a bad touchscreen? I don't know.

Upvote 0
OMG, i am so sick of this kind of posts: "10000 things i hate about it", "How to love it", etc
You know what I can't stand Volvo. I hate it!! Guess what? I am not complaining, i just driving BMW.
You don't like the phone? here are 3 solutions for you:
1) Stop bitching and get something else.
2) Stop bitching, become brilliant software engineer and create ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS product
2) stop bitching and watch this video: Louis CK ?Everything?s amazing, nobody?s happy? Video

I have a shocking news for you: NOTHING IS PERFECT!

The bottom line: if you don't like it, just throw the thing away and get whatever you like. But i suspect this kind of people are never heppy with anything

Upvote 0
OMG, i am so sick of this kind of posts: "10000 things i hate about it", "How to love it", etc
You know what I can't stand Volvo. I hate it!! Guess what? I am not complaining, i just driving BMW.
You don't like the phone? here are 3 solutions for you:
1) Stop bitching and get something else.
2) Stop bitching, become brilliant software engineer and create ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS product
2) stop bitching and watch this video: Louis CK ?Everything?s amazing, nobody?s happy? Video

I have a shocking news for you: NOTHING IS PERFECT!

The bottom line: if you don't like it, just throw the thing away and get whatever you like. But i suspect this kind of people are never heppy with anything
Dude, I can't stand Volvo either.

Upvote 0
OMG... another Ambulance needed... but let me tell you, I might have to stop reading here. It's starting to get on my nerves and I will explain.

Every freakin time I read about someone having an issue I try to find it on my phone, or duplicate the problem talked about. I have had a hiccup or two, but Nothing, NOTHING near the crying I have read. So I spend hours messing around with my phone... looking for cracked power ports, chipping paint, chrome, dust, pixels, crackling speakers, etc., etc. to no avail.

Some legit issues and questions have been posted here, but the OP here, this thread, once again speaking negatively about issues, but not possessive of them.

Paint peels
Chrome mysteriously cracks
Screen Lag
Poor signal reported on some
70 App limit
Awful Battery Performance
Phone not ringing
Weather App Drain
Wrong time on HTC Widgets
etc, etc, etc
Maybe there should be a sticky thread for dumping neagivity posts into with no apparent direction? Like a release mechanisim, screaming on the edge of a cliff into the abyss. lol...

Sorry to vent... and my most sincere apology to those experiencing troubles, but I just don't understand unfocused diatribe.

Goodnight all...
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
OMG... another Ambulance needed... but let me tell you, I might have to stop reading here. It's starting to get on my nerves and I will explain.

Every freakin time I read about someone having an issue I try to find it on my phone, or duplicate the problem talked about. I have had a hiccup or two, but Nothing, NOTHING near the crying I have read. So I spend hours messing around with my phone... looking for cracked power ports, chipping paint, chrome, dust, pixels, crackling speakers, etc., etc. to no avail.

Some legit issues and questions have been posted here, but the OP here, this thread, once again speaking negatively about issues, but not possessive of them.

Maybe there should be a sticky thread for dumping neagivity posts into with no apparent direction? Like a release mechanisim, screaming on the edge of a cliff into the abyss. lol...

Sorry to vent... and my most sincere apology to those experiencing troubles, but I just don't understand unfocused diatribe.

Goodnight all...
:rolleyes:

+1
Well said

Upvote 0
There is so much negativity about this phone here. I was sooo excited about this phone, but delayed to get the Moment first. It was good, but not great, and so big. I am so anxiously awaiting my Hero to appear on my doorstep! Can someone tell me the positive about this phone? Everyone seems to be bitchmongering about such amazing phones! I remember it just being a few years ago we got our first flip phones that could access the internet and download ringers--was soo exciting! These phones--they are incredible. Let us talk about what they can do--I am so excited about getting the Hero!

Upvote 0
There is so much negativity about this phone here. I was sooo excited about this phone, but delayed to get the Moment first. It was good, but not great, and so big. I am so anxiously awaiting my Hero to appear on my doorstep! Can someone tell me the positive about this phone? Everyone seems to be bitchmongering about such amazing phones! I remember it just being a few years ago we got our first flip phones that could access the internet and download ringers--was soo exciting! These phones--they are incredible. Let us talk about what they can do--I am so excited about getting the Hero!

+1 I am excited about this phone too. I visit the PPC Geeks Hero forum as well. They don't seemed to be plagued with this constant whining. Then again, that forum is filled with technical savvy users, maybe that is the difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones