• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hero won't connect to PC

Hi, I'm wanting to update my nine-month old hero to 2.1. I currently have 1.5 and have a branded Orange phone. I don't have the latest ROM update so needed to do this first via Sync. Only problem is that my PC has stopped recognising my phone.

I have tried reinstalling the drivers and the latest version of Sync. I have also tried more than one USB and more than one USB port. I have turned my phone off and on and my computer off and on.

I'm not convinced that it is a USB problem because when I turn the phone on when it is connected to the computer, it finds the phone at first but it says that the device has malfunctioned. It also says it can't find the driver and won't allow me to connect with the driver manually.

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

Me myself connected to a WiFi to upgrade to 2.1 and I also have problems connecting to some computers (but not my own) I think it might be win 7 that have been torrented because that's the only computer that does not pick me up. For a Vista computer I had to check the connection was on my phone before the it connected because it went onto charged at first and had to charge it thought the setting myselfto disk drive.

Reactions: littlesaint
Upvote 0
I'm afraid I have tried many different thinks over the past month and have got nowhere. Orange says its a fault with the phone and would have to be fixed by HTC.

I was wondering, would it be possible to sve the ROM update from the computer onto a micro SD and then upload it from there to bypass Sync altogether?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones