hh gregg VZW Kiosks Taking Pre-Orders

Last Updated:

1. Ed5275

Ed5275 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Earlier today I stopped in at hh gregg (I am a Cable Company sales rep who deals with the store) and chatted up the guy at the VZW counter. I gave him my info to call me when the X came in. Well, at about 5pm, he called and said they were now taking $50 deposits to guarantee an X on Thursday. I just got back and I am getting the first one on Thursday!

FYI for any X hunters out there. This might be a viable option since their VZW kiosks are fairly new and they may not have the amount of traffic as other places.

Advertisement
  2. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

Calling local stores to confirm.

I have three local stores around me, lets see what they will say.
    1. Not taking a deposit. (First come First serve)
    2. Not taking a deposit. (First come First serve)
    3. Not taking a deposit. (First come First serve)

Must not like us here in AZ...

3. Ragin Cajun

Ragin Cajun Well-Known Member

I called 3 stores in town today and all told me they would need a $50 deposit to hold me a DX. This is in Baton Rouge, LA.

Ed5275 likes this.
  4. Ed5275

Hmm...interesting. Our local ones are a VZW Dealer named TCC. I wonder if it is only a regional dealer.

Sorry if I put any false hope out there. I do have a receipt for the deposit.

5. Ed5275

Thanks for backing me up. Might be worth a try for others with hh gregg in their area.

6. Ed5275

So welcome to my ordeal today.

Went to TCC (VZW Premium Dealer) at hh gregg at 10am to get my Droid X. They took a $50 deposit from me stating I could pick it up first thing in the morning with an instant rebate.

Get to the store and the guy at the TCC kiosk says "they're not in yet. We are waiting for FedEx to bring them." I was a little upset, seeing as how I laid down $50 to ensure I got one. Plus I knew that if they didn't have them by this point, it could be next week, etc. So I waited a little and drove to a Corporate store...no luck, as it was SWAMPED.

Driving back to hh gregg, I passed a GoWireless Premium Dealer. Stopped in. They had "plenty" in stock. The girl there was fantastic. I was set up and walked out with my X in less than 30 minutes. I did, however, end up paying the extra $100 (they were doing a mail-in).

Went back to TCC and got my deposit credited back on my card.

Sorry if anyone got carnie-tricked by my post. I was furious. Wondering if there were any other ordeals like this out there.