• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi from College Park, MD

carschina

Lurker
Nov 4, 2010
I'm the proud owner of a Samsung Captivate. After 3 BB's and a god-awful iphone I decided to give Android a try. Love this phone and haven't put it down since I got it. Just got my Otterbox Commuter case in the mail today. :D I do have a couple of issues with the phone itself one being the battery life. This phone is def a show-stopper as I've had people stop and ask me what kind of phone I have. The forums have been so much help and I look forward to learning more.

Welcome, fellow Marylander. I suggest looking into an extra battery for now. You can probably find cheap knockoff ones for cheap and they can do the trick.

I got one for 12 dollars and its as good as the one that came in the phone. Otherwise the best option is actually rooting and using something like setCPU, which I personally haven't done.

Its a fact battery life can be simply horrible, but the option to carry extra cheap batteries, although not be ideal, is an easy patch.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones