Hi from College Park, MD

Last Updated:

1. carschina

carschina Member This Topic's Starter

I'm the proud owner of a Samsung Captivate. After 3 BB's and a god-awful iphone I decided to give Android a try. Love this phone and haven't put it down since I got it. Just got my Otterbox Commuter case in the mail today. :D I do have a couple of issues with the phone itself one being the battery life. This phone is def a show-stopper as I've had people stop and ask me what kind of phone I have. The forums have been so much help and I look forward to learning more.

Advertisement
  2. davidnmegan6907

davidnmegan6907 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums glad to have you here. There are things you can do to improve battery life but require root. IMO I would take time to really get used to the phone before tweaking on it but like I said just IMO

3. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums!

4. IndivisibleP

IndivisibleP Well-Known Member

Welcome, fellow Marylander. I suggest looking into an extra battery for now. You can probably find cheap knockoff ones for cheap and they can do the trick.

I got one for 12 dollars and its as good as the one that came in the phone. Otherwise the best option is actually rooting and using something like setCPU, which I personally haven't done.

Its a fact battery life can be simply horrible, but the option to carry extra cheap batteries, although not be ideal, is an easy patch.

5. carschina

carschina Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks all for the responses. Yes I'm still in the learning phase. I'm so used to the RIM world I have to adjust to the new lingo around these parts. I will look for the extra battery asap but save the rooting for down the road.

6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums! Glad you signed up! :)