• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Hi guys I really need help regarding my new Samsung galaxy S2 I1900G

ronak123

Lurker
Mar 10, 2012
I bought this phone 3 days back and am not at all satisfied with the mobile.
I have following problems regarding my S2 I1900G and i dont know how to fix it.

1) My battery life is like hell, i left from the house at 12pm and by 5pm the battery is like 20%...SO USELESS BATTERY LIFE this mobile has.
2) I have closed all the applications, turned of the internet, vibration, bluetooth, wifi and not using live wallpaper as well..still my battery is like hell.
3) Another main issue with me is my S2 is getting hanged everytime now, i am very disappointed with this phone, it hangs so much.
4) Can i use the battery of Samsung galaxy Note??
5) Games and everything works fine but the problem comes after closing this apps.
6) when listening to songs, it get freeze for 1-2 secs i dont know y...i thought it must be wired issue but no its the problem with phone.
7) I am using power saving mode and juice defender both apps to make my battery life stay for long but any of those app doesnt work.
8) My main issues are battrery life and mobile getting hanged....

PLEASE ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEMS I WILL REALLY APPRECIATE THEIR HELP.

Has your battery been fully charged from new?

I would put the phone on charge, switched off, for at least 12 hours, to ensure it gets a full charge (sometimes the guage on the phone shows fully charged, altho it isn't). Then see how it is. My S2 is running happily for 24 hours without needing charging.

Upvote 0
I had similar issues, terrible battery life. For me it was wifi that caused it, and it seemed to be a known wifi bug in the 2.3.6 version of andriod...

What helped me was getting juice defender from the market. From getting 8-10 hours out of it, I could then get at least one day maybe two. Since you already tried that... Only the universe knows...

I am hoping SO much that the ICS update will fix all this nonsense about the SGS2!

Upvote 0
If you are experiencing lag, then the first thing I would check are background applications...

In regard to battery you haven't said wether or not you have checked wether your phone is 'awake' for prolonged periods (setting - about phone - battery useage and then select the graph at the top).

From experience, even though some programs appear to be closed they will still cause your phone to be 'awake' and thus drain the battery (I find samsung push to be a classic example of this)

Upvote 0
i have charged my battery to full...

i cant understand anything from the graph it says 6hrs something battery usage i dont know...

there are some apps like zynga poker, raiden skyforce games apps and 2-3 more are running continusly even after closing..i closed those apps still they run automatically..

how to close those apps permamntly??

Upvote 0
How to see the battery graph
1) The graph just shows how the battery is being depleted over time, whether slow or fast.
2) It does not show active apps, only which app have used power and how much its percentage.
3) Tapping on the graph will give you a detail view. You will be able to see and make a comparison between screen on and phone awake.
4) If screen is off, but phone is awake all the time, then there is a problem. Apps are keeping phone from sleeping.
5) Find and install BetterBatteryStats. It is an app that detects partial wakelogs which is what keeps the phone awake when it isn't suppose to, Finding the rogue app gives you a chance to uninstall it.

Look in task manager
1) To check running apps, look in the task manager.
2) You can close running apps from there.
3) If after closing the app, it still appears, then try clearing RAM.
4) Else try rebooting the phone.
5) As an additional note, pressing home button does not close apps usually. Pressing back or exit does.

Other advice.
1) Try off the data line when not in use. Its one of the reason why you will have wakelogs.
2) Apps are accessing their servers and preventing phone from falling asleep.
3) If you have widgets like apmobile or weather, limit their update time. Or set it to manual.
4) Keep your screen brightness on the lower end.
5) Look for threads and advice on battery usage in the forums.

Cheers

Upvote 0
No one can help you without more info. Look at the graph and tell us what's eating the battery. If you can post a screenshot. Screenshot can be taken by pressing Home+Power button at the same time.

If you have 3G, wifi or GPS on, even if you are not using it, you will lose that much power. Check and see if those are on.... Need more info.

And have you tried any of the suggestions given in the threads?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones