• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi everyone! I've been a long time Verizon customer and was due for an upgrade last December. I held off on upgrading my phone because I heard rumors that the iPhone was coming to VZW. I waited for it because I love Apple products (I also own the Macbook Pro and iPod Touch). I couldn't wait anymore (because who knows how long that will be) so I started researching the new Android phones (specifically the Moto Droid and Droid Incredible). I did a ton of research and read a lot of reviews and finally settled on the Incredible. I ordered it last month. Right after that I heard about the Droid X so I began reading up on it. I was going to choose between the two. Luckily my Incredible arrived the same day the X was released so I got the chance to go into a VZW store and do some comparisons. Needless to say, I settled with the Incredible. The X is just too big for me. This is my first smartphone/Android phone so I'm really excited. So far, I'm loving it. The only things I don't like are the short battery life and the not-so-good call quality. This forum has been really helpful and I'm glad I found it. :eek:

Another Apple Fan! :3 I have a MacBook, an iPod Touch and iPod Classic, so I know how an iPhone would compliment all of that.

Got tired of waiting too so I went with the Incredible after a ton of research

Upvote 0
Also new. To extend battery life, I turn screen brightness to lowest setting while using the internet as the web pages have a white background. This is done indoors naturally. Also, my home screen is with black background. Also the first thing I do when I unlock and the last thing I do when I lock my phone or turn it off is go to menu>settings>apps>running and stop any apps running I don't need. My .02 BTW I have amoled screen HTC-COLUMBIA!

Upvote 0
I live in California (so I'd consider it a sunny state since we have year-round summers:p) and what I found works best for me is having the power-widget and utilizing that. It has 3 options: low, medium (which is about 35% brightness), and high. Most of the time I leave it on medium and when I'm outside, I'll toggle it to high. Works good, and the battery life has been terrific.

Yea that's a good idea. I find in the middle of the night or right after I wake up 100% hurts my eyes a little.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones