• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hi new Android user here

KevinLeep

Lurker
Oct 8, 2018
Hello everyone. I wish to learn how to be an Android power user. My name is Kevin. My smart phone is an Android ZTE.

as a novice Android user I am facing extensive technical difficulties. For a power user the bugs would be features. Seeing how I am not a power user, the features are bugs.

The first difficulty is the triple-touch zoom in. At times triple clicking the screen activates the zoom. It seems, to get the screen size back to normal, I cannot press the keyboard thrice. Instead, I must click somewhere else thrice. Other times it only takes to clicks. Is this feature activated when I touch the screen three times? Unfortunately, I have spent all my time learning how to activate and deactivate the zoom, rather than take advantage of the screen zooming in. Any advice, would be appreciated. First you may want to echo this paragraph using your own words to make sure we are known the same page.

While, I would like to tell you more of the difficulties I am facing, this is not the right post to do that. Please let me know how to repost this message, and what parts are appropriate for receiving technical difficulty help.

Lastly and quite importantly, thank you for creating an introduction thread. I look forward to learning how to make the most if my Android zte smart 📱 and to meeting new friends along the way.

Hello and welcome to the forums, @KevinLeep :)

I would consider myself a power user and frankly, I've never experienced a triple touch zoom feature. If you indeed do have that, then it must be something that ZTE has cooked into their version of Android. You see, Android is the base operating system but each manufacturer takes it and makes their little changes and additions, so your experience won't be the same as someone with a Samsung, LG or Google phone.

I expect to see a zoom function in maps or images, but not on the home screen. It may be on an app by app basis. Could you be a little more specific with when you see this behavior?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones