• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hiding Pictures and Videos from the Gallery

gchalker

Lurker
Jan 20, 2012
Using the .foldername method for hiding pictures and videos from the gallery does not work anymore on my phone. Does anyone know if there is a tweek to this method that still works? I would rather not use an application. I tried Vaulty but it copies the videos to my internal storage instead of leaving them on my SD card when it hides them.

Any advice?

Honestly, i'd much rather have something that can just encrypt my whole SD card and make it specific to my phone only. Hiding the folders is cool if someone is just looking at your phone but what happens if you lose the whole phone and someone is smart enough to take your SD card out and put it in their pc? They'll still be able to see the folders there.

Ive been looking for an app for the longest that can encrypt the whole card so if the card were to be taken out the content wouldnt be recognized or able to be opened.

Upvote 0
You can always try the other things that people had suggested. But you can always create a folder called .private on the root of your SD card, and any of the videos and pictures you place in that folder will be hidden from the gallery, unless you access it by a file manager.

Edit: I guess I'm an idiot, and didn't read things clearly. Ignore my post. Lol.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones