• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

High End Android Phones For Straight Talk/Net10

broken flyer

Jun 9, 2012
Hi, everybody... I'm new here, and just registered a bit ago, but I've been reading these forums for a couple months now (mainly the droid fighter release date thread). I thought it was time i joined up.

First off let me say that as of right now i'm on virgin mobile with a Samsung Intercept running android 2.2. It's been a good phone, but it is time for something different, preferably something much more capable in the realm of smart phones.

A couple months ago i was all ready to make the switch to verizon and get myself a razr maxx, but then when i was scrounging about online looking for the best price on it i came across a discussion thread for the droid fighter. At this point i decided i'd wait for that to come out and then i would switch over to verizon, however it is taking its own sweet time so i began looking at other options. Just the other day i got a text from virgin mobile telling me check there sight and it was the update saying that the iphone 4s was coming to virgin mobile. I personally don't feel like iOS is any easier than android to use so i was too excited except at the fact that it was a much "nicer" smart phone that i could get without having to pay $100+ dollars a month. Anyway to make an already too long post shorter i decided to take another look at pre-paid before i jump ship and i came across straight talk/net10 who both offer sim card plans that supposedly work with all att &tmobile and unlocked gsm phones for $45 a month. Right now i'm thinking a couple things/have a couple questions. As of right now if i had to get something i was thinking samsung galaxy s III and use straight talk, however i'm hoping that when the fighter comes about there might be an international version with gsm capabilities that will work on straight talk. This brings me to my main three questions, 1. Do any of you have any experience with straight talk and higher end android phones, if so what'd you think? 2. Would the Motorola Razr XT910 work on straightalk as its a gsm phone/does anyone have this setup? and 3. Have any of you tried some of the cheap Chinese android phones available from deal extreme? They're all very cheap and look decent but i'm leery as to whether or not they'r work on straight talk as most of them claim to work with all gsm providers. Hopefully some of you might know a bit about this stuff and be able to provide some advice, Thanks in advance...

Summary : Does anyone know if the international version of the droid razr (XT910) will work on straight talk/net10 in the US? How about the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S III? The regular ATT version? Other international phones such as the Sony xperia S? How about generic android phones found on dealextreme (link below) Thanks...

Droid Razr XT910: MOTODEV > Products > RAZR

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones