• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help High pitched squealing noise on Incredible

Chondog

Lurker
Apr 8, 2010
When I tried to place a call this morning (shortly after pulling it off the charger), I got a high pitched squealing noise coming through the ear piece. When I connected to the person on the other line, the squealing continued and they couldn't hear me.

I rebooted and the noise went away. I haven't experienced it since.

Any ideas as to why this occurred?

This happened to a few others over on the Verizon forum and they suggested *228 (option 2) to update the cell towers in my area.

I just want to make sure I don't have a defective Incredible. Thanks.

When I tried to place a call this morning (shortly after pulling it off the charger), I got a high pitched squealing noise coming through the ear piece. When I connected to the person on the other line, the squealing continued and they couldn't hear me.

I rebooted and the noise went away. I haven't experienced it since.

Any ideas as to why this occurred?

This happened to a few others over on the Verizon forum and they suggested *228 (option 2) to update the cell towers in my area.

I just want to make sure I don't have a defective Incredible. Thanks.

Perhaps you just dialed the wrong number and got Beaker out of the Muppets?

Upvote 0
I had this same issue yesterday. Weird high-pitched sqealing noise, caller on the other end could not hear me. However when I rebooted I had the same issue still, so I did a battery pull and replace and this fixed the issue. Haven't had a repeat of the issue since and have made several phone calls.

Upvote 0
I had the same thing occur tonight. Answered a call (shortly after rebooting phone while still plugged in) and heard a high pitch whine through the speaker and the other party could not hear me. Tried calling back and then making some test calls, all with same symptoms. Rebooted phone and problem went away (for now).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones