• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HOC in serious trouble! Need Help!

georgekarian

Lurker
Dec 18, 2012
Hi. I've got an HTC One X bought from China. This is giving me the weirdest problems that i've ever had with a phone till date. It started off with the phone not registering to my network. Suprisingly , when i checked the IMEI number it was 333333333333333 with a serial number 0123456789ABCDEF!

Though illegal, I got the IMEI number re-written with an old phone's IMEI number and that soved that bit! Now the problem is, most of the darn thing is in Chinese including a few apps thats included in stock! Hence, I decided to flash the ROM with an other ROM. This lead to the next issue. When i try to hold volume-down and power buttons to get into the bootloader, (i'm done with almost 20 seconds of pressing) , I still not get the restrat option! When i go to my Settings menu, I dont see a power option there (there is only battery) from where i can disable fastboot!

When i turn off the phone and press volume-up and power, it gives me the logo of a dead android with a red traingle tombstone! (refuses to move any further from there). Sometimes it gives me a factory menu (this menu has options like full test, partial test, clear eMMC or something like that)

Can any one tell me whats happening with my phone? Considering the phone has been purchased from China and i'm now in india, can i use an official ROM for India on the phone? Where can i find these offical roms!

Need help please :)

Cheers

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones