• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Home Button not working

I have been having an issue with my Home button on my Vortex. I recently soft-bricked and recovered it and decided that I would start learning how to build my own ROMs. When I installed ROM Manager (no CWM or flash recovery, yet) my Home button stopped working.

It registers the button press because the backlight on the keys turns on and the other three keys work perfectly. I tried uninstalling ROM Manager with no luck. A reboot doesn't work either. I am currently trying a hard reset and I was wondering if anyone else has any other ideas before I attempt a factory reset or another reflash?

I have been having an issue with my Home button on my Vortex. I recently soft-bricked and recovered it and decided that I would start learning how to build my own ROMs. When I installed ROM Manager (no CWM or flash recovery, yet) my Home button stopped working.

It registers the button press because the backlight on the keys turns on and the other three keys work perfectly. I tried uninstalling ROM Manager with no luck. A reboot doesn't work either. I am currently trying a hard reset and I was wondering if anyone else has any other ideas before I attempt a factory reset or another reflash?

First of all, if it's the ROM Manager I'm thinking of, I'd suggest to throw the damn thing away and burn it with fire but, you can't as you said. I have had nothing but trouble with it. It'd actually bricked my old LG Vortex, inwhich I had too use LGNPST too unbrick it, wasn't fun. Anyways, I need too know a bit more info about your device.
=========================================================

Rom: (Stock or a Custom Rom, if Custom which one?)
Root: (What did you sue too root it, and if you know, which exploit?)
What errors do you get when trying too uninstall ROM Manager?
Is ROM Manager a System app?

=========================================================

With this info I can do alot more too help you, and maybe stop a reset.

Upvote 0
It is stock v2.2 from LGNPST using gingerbreak 1.2 for root. I don't get any error messages when uninstalling ROM manager and ROM manager is not a system app. What I meant is that uninstalling rom manager did not get the home button to start working again. Once I started having problems with the home button I did not flash recovery.
The ROM manager I am using is the CWM version.

Hope that helps.

I am not too worried about another LGNPST recovery, I have gotten quite good at it actually. I am just wondering if it could be avoided.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones