• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home button now takes me to Desk Clock

ahan92

Lurker
Nov 22, 2011
Today I restarted my Skyrocket and now the Home button takes me to the "Desk Clock" screen, instead of to my home screens. I understand that this screen becomes the home screen if the phone is docked, but my phone isn't docked. I tried restarting several times, but it doesn't seem to help. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to resolve it?

FIGURED IT OUT!!!!
It was driving me CRAZY!!!

So is what causes this problems is the dock mode being stuck. When you dock your phone the dock connection completes a specific circuit in the phones USB port that will tell the phone it's in dock mode. This can get stuck when you accidentally push the wall charger into the phone UPSIDE DOWN (Which I did and then got the problem) bending that pin down completing the circuit permanently.

THE FIX:
Take something sharp and/or thin like a knife and push the pin up ever so slightly. DO NOT FORCE it as you will break the pin clean off. Once you disconnect the circuit, you'll see your phone turn it's screen on. That means you did it!

Good luck! And your welcome!

-DaHolby

Reactions: Renira
Upvote 0
FIGURED IT OUT!!!!
It was driving me CRAZY!!!

So is what causes this problems is the dock mode being stuck. When you dock your phone the dock connection completes a specific circuit in the phones USB port that will tell the phone it's in dock mode. This can get stuck when you accidentally push the wall charger into the phone UPSIDE DOWN (Which I did and then got the problem) bending that pin down completing the circuit permanently.

THE FIX:
Take something sharp and/or thin like a knife and push the pin up ever so slightly. DO NOT FORCE it as you will break the pin clean off. Once you disconnect the circuit, you'll see your phone turn it's screen on. That means you did it!

Good luck! And your welcome!

-DaHolby

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I was going batshit insane trying to figure this one out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones