home screen lag with 2.2

Last Updated:

1. BigDaddyCool

BigDaddyCool Active Member This Topic's Starter

Tried to search but couldnt find anything on this.

Here is what is happening with my Droid. I have the official release on my Droid and when I leave and app (Like Dolphin or Handcent) my icons on my home screens take 5-10 secs to refresh and it can take another 5 seconds before my home screen will react to any touches.

Also when I unlock my phone it can take close to 20 secs sometimes (not all the time) for my icons to come in and it takes at least 5 secs no matter what to get my screen to react to any touches.

Is anyone else having this issue? What can I do? Now I almost wish I had never updgraded to 2.2.....

Advertisement
  2. zandroid

zandroid Well-Known Member

Same issue. In fact, it takes me 2-3 swipes to actually move to the next homescreen, after all icons lagged in... hope it gets fixed soon.

3. smpage

smpage Well-Known Member

Been happening with me ever since installing FRG01B.

4. Jebus

Jebus Well-Known Member

I had the same issue. I did a factory reset and now it works fine.

You two should do factory reset too.

5. dbrookes

dbrookes Active Member

What gets erased in a factory reset? How much work do you have to do to return to where you were before? Just apps, or more?

6. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

This lag is KILLING ME! :mad: I just want to put a bullet through my processor... How can this be happening to an overclocked droid... Does anybody else feel that their overclocked droid is slower than a droid X or droid 2? And what is the ROM that gives me the best snapiness and speed. Sorry for the rant :D

7. Tugdaturtle

Tugdaturtle Well-Known Member

Well i had a issues with my driod goining really slow sense the 2.2 Fryo update and they told me to call *228 and press 2 for a roaming update or something like that . They said i haven't update in awhile so idk i did it and my phone is running smooth now no more lagg So i say try that

8. BigDaddyCool

Gonna try *228 and see if it trying to find signal is causing it.

Will let you know.

9. nathan312

nathan312 Well-Known Member

how will a signal cause Home Screen lag?

Not being a smart ass...I'm seriously curious.

10. Extr3m1st

Extr3m1st Well-Known Member

Roaming capablilites have zero to do with the home screen lag. Its the update that did it, its happening to quite a few people after the update. Me included.

11. BigDaddyCool

Is there some kind of cleanup I can do other than a full reset?

I really dont want to have to reset it just to get it to run like it used to :(

12. brandude87

brandude87 New Member

I had the home screen lag issue after the 2.2 update on my droid. I did a soft reset (instructions: How to Unfreeze a Motorola Droid | eHow.com) and it seems to have helped some. Do you guys think a hard reset would be necessary to completely resolve the issue? I don't want to have to go through all that if I don't have to. Thanks.

charliann likes this.
  13. Vance

Vance Well-Known Member

I did a factory reset a week or so ago and it did not help. It seemed to fix it for a day or so, then it was as bad as ever.

14. charliann

charliann New Member

The warm reset, Cntrl-alt-del) on the keyboard fixed the problem for me. I didn't have to do a factory reset!

15. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Get lauuncherpro...select keep in memory. Fixed and you have amuch better home screen launcher.

16. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

before you report it is "fixed" report back after a few days or a week just to be safe. many people thought turning off animation would work, and it did, for about a day, then back to the same.

17. Motormech

Motormech Well-Known Member

Lock-N-Load speaks the truth. I had most of the problems listed above and tried all of the fixes listed above except the soft re-set. Worked for a while but then they slowly crept back into my life and I finally did a factory re-set only to brick my phone sorta. It would not recognize the network no matter how many times I did *228 to program it. The result was always the same and finally I had to have a store flash the phone back to life. Everything seems fine now but time will tell since I think I just saw a slight lag going back to the home screen but it just could be me being paranoid about it.