• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm not sure how or why, but all of a sudden the vertical spacing on my homepage increased. The icons are further away from each other now, and widgets take up more space (the resize square is larger, from top to bottom, for all widgets).

The icons size is still the same as it was, and the layout is still 5x6 (also unchanged).

Is there a setting that tightens up the spacing?

I'm using a Moto G 5G 2023 on Android 13.

Thanks.

I'm not sure how or why, but all of a sudden the vertical spacing on my homepage increased. The icons are further away from each other now, and widgets take up more space (the resize square is larger, from top to bottom, for all widgets).

The icons size is still the same as it was, and the layout is still 5x6 (also unchanged).

Is there a setting that tightens up the spacing?

I'm using a Moto G 5G 2023 on Android 13.

Thanks.
never owned a moto so i can be of help as far as the phone settings go. this might be a good time to start thinking about trying some custom launchers. i have mostly owned samsung devices and i hate their OneUI launcher. OneUI is samsungs own "skin" or launcher. i use the Nova Prime Launcher . been using it since the early days of android.. there is the Nova Prime key that you can purchase for a one time price of $10.....it is well worth the price. the key unlocks so much customiztions that include screen spacing of icons on the home screen.

if you choose to stick with the stock "skin" (not sure what moto calls it), maybe in your phone's settings you can do a search for icon size or icon spacing or something along those lines.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones