1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

HOT: iPhone users soon without FaceBook???

1. vosg

vosg Well-Known Member

Apple Replacing Facebook App With Myspace | The Daily Currant

Starting October 1st Facebook's app will be removed from the App Store. All existing Facebook apps for iPhone and iPad will automatically be converted to Myspace apps. If users wish to connect to Facebook instead of Myspace, they will have to do so through the Safari browser.

The dramatic move comes amidst growing concern at Apple that Facebook poses a competitive threat to its iTunes music download business though its partnership with music streaming service Spotify.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

There's no other legitimate sources saying anything about this.
    Granite1 likes this.
  3. Omar Days

Omar Days Well-Known Member

no way, that is never happening
  4. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

Yep, did a Google search and I could not find any other website mentioning this.
  5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

MySpace is due to launch later this year. It has been redone to attract artistic and innovative people. Article says Justin Timberlake is involved. If the creative people that are liked and follow by most start using MySpace - the fans will follow.

Also if Apple does push it, and users like it, who knows? I don't think FB will be abandoned.

New Myspace: gorgeous, but who will use it?
  6. ExtremeNerd

ExtremeNerd Well-Known Member

If it's not on Engadget, I don't believe it....
  7. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator Guide

Um personally I dont think the CEO of Apple would ever say something like this

8. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

The Daily Currant is a satirical news site, like The Onion, i.e. it's not meant to be taken seriously.
  9. HotRoderX

HotRoderX Well-Known Member

I think this is just someone poking fun at how fail Apple's decision making has been recently. They dropped Google Maps for there own map software that does not work. Then posted all software has growing pains.

Which I am sure anyone can understand but... I think most people expect a working product when they buy something.
  10. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

hahaha... silly...

but if it was true... can you imagine the uproar?

since no uproar.. then it is not true.