Hotmail working on native email app on Captivate?

Last Updated:

1. ckyllr

ckyllr Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone gotten their hotmail to work? I got it to work the first time using the POP3 and STMP method posted all over the net but then when I go to check again, I just get connection error. I tried setup again and I get the "ERR login allowed only every 15 minutes" message. I know I'm probably only one using hotmail these days but that's where most my contacts are. Please let me know if anyone else is having this much problem. On my iphone 4, it was working just fine.

Advertisement
  2. AndroidForMe

AndroidForMe Active Member

I got hotmail to work just fine by doing nothing but going through the generic email application.

3. ckyllr

That's what I did in the beginning and I got my hotmail just fine the first time. But when I go in to check my email again, it doesn't work. I just did the whole over again and it's stuck at loading messages. This is so frustrating!

4. JackTheKnife

JackTheKnife Well-Known Member

Same problem here. Sometimes works fine but much often I can't get synch from Hotmail account. Imo problem with Hotmail itself.

5. mash4077

mash4077 Active Member

i would be inclined to think its hotmail servores
    I sometimes have those problems on my pc

6. vr5ken

vr5ken New Member

I am getting the Connection Error issue as well on my Hotmail account. I have Samsung Captivate phone and it was working ok the first 3 days I have owned this phone and now it will lock up as well and give the connection error. I have deleted my acount and it worked again but when I recreated the account. But the same thing happen again when I tried to view one of my emails. I ran thru the connection settings and everything looks ok and tests out fine. I am totally pissed off as my hotmail is my main account! Microsoft or Android needs to get this fixed ASAP!!!

7. ranjo

ranjo Member

No problems here.

8. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Well part of the problem is the fact that you're using Hotmail...

Sorry, but Hotmail has so many issues, it's just not worth wasting time with these days. Ever since Microsoft bought them and redid everything, it's gone to utter hell.

9. ckyllr

I have been just using MailDroid and it has worked pretty well so far. I get can get emails and send emails, deletes emails too on the server which I wasn't able to do on the Iphone. I tried k9 mail as well but didn't like it.