• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hotmail working on native email app on Captivate?

ckyllr

Jul 18, 2010
Has anyone gotten their hotmail to work? I got it to work the first time using the POP3 and STMP method posted all over the net but then when I go to check again, I just get connection error. I tried setup again and I get the "ERR login allowed only every 15 minutes" message. I know I'm probably only one using hotmail these days but that's where most my contacts are. Please let me know if anyone else is having this much problem. On my iphone 4, it was working just fine.

I am getting the Connection Error issue as well on my Hotmail account. I have Samsung Captivate phone and it was working ok the first 3 days I have owned this phone and now it will lock up as well and give the connection error. I have deleted my acount and it worked again but when I recreated the account. But the same thing happen again when I tried to view one of my emails. I ran thru the connection settings and everything looks ok and tests out fine. I am totally pissed off as my hotmail is my main account! Microsoft or Android needs to get this fixed ASAP!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones