• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I completely remove "Do not disturb"

andfo

May 26, 2015
I used to get notification from all sorts of apps. This helped me a lot not to forget my schedule. But since some day a few weeks ago, no app sent any notification. I started to miss meetings.

I realized it was just because "Do not disturb" mode was on. This phone might have activated it or I might have inadvertently clicked it. I don't know.

I made it "off". But how can I completely remove "Do not disturb" so that I can't even make a further mistake again? My phone is already rooted.

I used to get notification from all sorts of apps. This helped me a lot not to forget my schedule. But since some day a few weeks ago, no app sent any notification. I started to miss meetings.

I realized it was just because "Do not disturb" mode was on. This phone might have activated it or I might have inadvertently clicked it. I don't know.

I made it "off". But how can I completely remove "Do not disturb" so that I can't even make a further mistake again? My phone is already rooted.
you can't as that is built into the os. system apps cannot be deleted. if you can find the app you might be able to disable it.

Reactions: Hadron and MrJavi
Upvote 0
Removing any shortcuts to it from the notification pull-down might reduce the risk of accidental activation
Yeah, it's all too easy to accidentally trigger that mode from the Quick Settings pull-down. I'm willing to bet that's what happened.

@andfo to remove it, swipe down from the top of the screen twice to expand the Quick Settings panel, then tap the little pencil icon at the bottom left of the panel. That will enter Edit mode so that you can just drag-and-drop unwanted tiles to below the "Hold And Drag To Add Tiles" label to remove them.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones