• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How can I stop music files auto playing?

Chris Spain

Lurker
Aug 21, 2022
When I open a music file (on my Nokia TA1060 phone) it plays, but then automatically opens and plays the next file which I dont want to happen.
So I installed Music Player app, but the same seems to happen with that, even when I created a play list it still auto plays.
How can I stop auto play?

Last edited:
Check the settings in your music player.

It may look something like this, which is Foobar2000. Where "plugging headphones" can mean connecting a BT audio device, and will start playing music upon connection.

Screenshot_20220821-214937_foobar2000.jpg

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Every music player I've used assumes that you started the app to listen to music and not just one song. I've not searched for a setting that will play only one song but I haven't seen the option. You might try creating an album with just one track and then play that album. I've not tried this and only assume the player of choice will stop if there isn't another album to play. Mikedt has a great option as well.

Upvote 0
As I said I already tried the File manager but it just plays all the music files. How dumb is that!

It's not the File Manager that plays the music file. It's the music player app you've got set as the default, that plays when you tap on an MP3.AAC, FLAC, etc. in the File Manager app.

I've got Foobar2000 set as the default app for music files in my File Manager. https://www.foobar2000.org/download
And that just plays the file I tap on, and nothing else.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones