• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can I tell if my phone is refurbished? (LG G2)

I have an LG G2 (D800). I am trying to determine if it is refurbished. So far, I tried the app CID Getter which didn't display anything about a CID for my phone. I have used Launcher Pro to access the hidden menus, but nothing on RTN was listed that I saw (the lists were exhaustive so maybe I missed it). The code ##786# didn't open my RTN screen. I also tried the secret codes: to display Phone Information: *#*#4636#*#* but on my phone the button for "OEM-specific Info/Settings" is grayed out. I tried the code for Software & Hardware Information: *#12580*369# but it doesn't do anything and I am not taken to any special menu so the phone in this regard is unresponsive.

I am not sure what else to do. Is there an app that I missed? A new code that was recently released? I think AT&T is probably programming their phones now so these codes can't be used which seems suspicious.

Thank you for your response. I learned recently you can contact any phone's manufacturer (in my case LG) and ask them for the service history of your phone. You have to give them the IMEI number and the S/N (serial number) and they will tell you if it has ever been serviced by them before. My phone was new according to this method.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. I learned recently you can contact any phone's manufacturer (in my case LG) and ask them for the service history of your phone. You have to give them the IMEI number and the S/N (serial number) and they will tell you if it has ever been serviced by them before. My phone was new according to this method.
Please provide me the link from which you can find out that if the phone was refurbished, I have a Lg Optimums G F180K! Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones