• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How can that be ?

All of a sudden / out of the blue my G7 won't make phone calls, incoming calls go straight to "unavailable"
The odd thing is it works fine with incoming or outgoing texts, how can that be.

I did a Factory Reset and the phone worked, but a couple of hours later it was back to the above, so it was Factory Reset again, worked for a couple of hours then quit again.

I'd appreciate thoughts on what's going wrong...

Bob.

Hi Bob,

My immediate suspicion is a worn-out SIM card. If you've been using that SIM for a long time, I'd ask the carrier for a new one.

I had a similar issue with my calls & texts working sometimes, and others not. I took it to our carrier store and began troubleshooting the phone. It wasn't until Level 2 tech support called in the experts that we were told to try a new SIM card. We took out the old SIM and the metal contacts looked horrible! The new SIM did the trick. I hope this helps!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones