• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How connect to PC

balubkone

Lurker
Feb 10, 2010
I just buy Samsung Galaxy GT-I7500

today and try to open it on my PC with New PC Studio. It shows "Insert the disc in to drive" .How to transfer contacts, music files to Phone. Could someone give me some tips to deal with this trouble? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

^ What he said.

Rule #1 of NPS is "do not use NPS". :D Seriously.

When you plug in the USB cable, and act on the notification that appears on your phone, you'll get two new "hard disks" on your pc. One represents the built-in storage (/sdcard) and will always be mounted; the other represents the removable sd-card slot (/sdcard/sd) and will not be mountable unless there's a card in the slot. You do not get access to anything outside of (/sdcard).

Then you can just copy files back and forth as you please. I believe you can put your music anywhere and the player will find it (I don't know for sure, as I don't use it) but I would recommend creating a "music" folder. For ringtones and notifications, you need to create the exact folders "/sdcard/alarms", "/sdcard/notifications", and "/sdcard/ringtones", and place your sound files there.

As for contacts, you should create them in your Google account and sync them over.

If you want to flash your phone, or play with the firmware, you can use Odin (search the forum) and the ADB, Android Debug Bridge (ditto).

Oh, and also: Welcome!

Upvote 0
btw, what's with the
grey_loader.gif
linking to cellphoneforums?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones