• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I detatch the main board from the I/O board re: HTC Hero/T-Mobile G2 Touch

Kenla

Lurker
Aug 18, 2010
Hi & Good day, I really need your help please. I just received a "Screen Glass Digitizer replacement" for my T-Mobile G2 Touch & has embarked on some DIY in an effort to get the phone operational again but I've hit a snag. I have remove the back of the phone & also took the screws off the main board but it is still attached to what I learnt is the I/O board & that is still firmly attached to the phone outer casing. I've done quite a bit of research on how to disassemble the phone but have nothing that speaks specifically to detaching the two. I've also come across "DIY Guide to disassemble your Sprint HTC Hero" but my phone is "T-Mobile". Help anyone or can you point me to where there may be a tutorial like the Sprint HTC guide, as I really need to get the phone operational again.
Your help will be much appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones