• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How Do I Flash New Rom Onto My ZTE Speed?

Mystic_Rose

Lurker
Jul 13, 2018
Greetings,

I know this is a cheapo phone, but it has served me well for the most part and I can't afford anything else right now. I have been having apps crash a lot lately, but now I can't get into settings even after a factory reset. So, is there a way for me to flash a new rom? ZTE was going to charge more than the phone was worth to flash it.

If anyone can help me, please bear in mind that I am new to this stuff, but I can follow directions. I am running Linux Zorin OS on my laptop, which is what I will need to use for the connection, if possible.

Sincerely,
Rose

Not happening.. Zte Speed has a Locked bootloader, all you're getting for that device is Root since twrp is completely unavailable or capable of installation.. Sorry. Zte has been locking them excessively since after the Warp Sync.. I moved to the Moto E4 Plus, we have TWRP, Root, and many custom ROMs

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones