1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

how do I get past hung "downloading, do not turn off target" screen and into recovery boot mode

1. davesonfire43

davesonfire43 New Member

I will try to be as concise as possible here. I had a problem with my rooted galaxy s I9000 that I was going to take it in for service. I had installed "One click lag fix" to root my phone a while back and thought I should unroot less they say I voided warranty. unroot went fine. Problem got solved without service so I want to root again. Go to one click lag fix, click root phone and it says boot in recovery mode and run yada yada firmware. When I try to go into recovery boot mode pressing: down, home, power, I get a message saying
    "downloading, do not turn off target."
    the phone seems frozen and hangs until the battery runs out or I pull the battery.

Please help me get my phone back to its former glory!

TL;DR How do I get to recovery boot mode if it hangs at "downloading, do not turn off target." screen ​

[​IMG] E

Advertisement
    :
  2. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

Because recovery mode is vol up+power+home. The method your using it made to get into download mode ! hahaha little mix up!:D
    davesonfire43 likes this.
  3. davesonfire43

davesonfire43 New Member

SONOFA... I feel like a tool. Thanks so much for sorting me out!
  4. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

Hahaha no problem ! Happens to the best of us
  5. TrevX2

TrevX2 New Member

what happens when you do all that good stuff and the phone still shows up with the "downloading... Do not turn off target!!!"
  6. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

I dont understand? are you stuck at the downloading screen(downloading... Do not turn off target)? if so just take the battery out and put it back in and it will boot up as usual:D
  7. TrevX2

TrevX2 New Member

yeah thats what i thought too but it didn't work as planned, i took the battery out and put it back in for reboot and it stayed in that downloading mode!
  8. MTBottes

MTBottes New Member

I had the same problem with my phone this morning, but I did not root my phone. I suspect I picked up a virus. I installed anti-virus software by Kaspersky two weeks ago, and now the activation code has been removed so the anti-virus does not work. I noticed that my facebook application seemed compromised and had to reinstall it yesterday. Then this morning, the phone doesn't turn on until I plug it in via USB but "boots" in download mode.

Any advice for next steps?
  9. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member

Re-Flash your stock firmware!Im at achool now but when i get home ill hook you up with some links!:cool:
  10. Akkerma

Akkerma New Member

I followed your advice for the hard reboot, by pushing 3 buttons at the same time. Still it the phone is in the mode "downloading, do not turn off the target". Is there an other way to reboot the telephone?:confused:

Oh yeah, can you tell me what reflash means and how to do that?
  11. Shine.

Shine. Well-Known Member