How Do I make my 3G work??General

1. Eaglewtchr

Eaglewtchr Active Member

I have read specs on the Huawei Ascend and they all say that the phone is 3G capable. If this is true how do I make it work? I am always on 1x.. I thought that the MODs would solve it but, It didn't. I am also on Cricket (if that's the problem).. :) Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks..
    Eagle...

Advertisement
  2. kevinrubio

kevinrubio Well-Known Member

Did you get the Data plan for cricket? Not sure about Cricket plans, I am on Metro Ascend.
  3. Eaglewtchr

Eaglewtchr Active Member

Cricket only has 1 plan for android phones. It's supposed to give you everything.. I do get everything. Unlimited calls, text, pic text, internet, mobile web. Everything... Just never see 3G always 1x and I can't find a setting in the phone to maybe turn it on or enable it..
  4. kevinrubio

never had a 3g phone but i know that it should already be enabled from my brother mytouch and evo.
  5. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

the ascend is a 3g phone, metro's 3g sux tho n is only 1x. Cricket tho has true 3g, so I dunno why eagle isnt getting it unless hes just in a bad area for it. maybe other cricket users will post up.
  6. kevinrubio

yeah i knew that, which made me hate metro for taking out 3g. and yea maybe their are going to be cricket people that can help @eagle.
  7. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

oh metro didnt take it out, their service/signal just sux lol
  8. KOLIO

KOLIO SERIAL AGNOANDROIDIST Guide

Dial *228 to reset your signal.If that doesn't help,dial 611 & talk to a CRICKET REP & explain your situation to them.They actually helped me out when I was having signal issues.
    If those two things do not help,you're probably in a fringe area that has a weak signal.Take a look @ the coverage map @ mycricket.com & see if you're bordering a coverage area.

One more thing,if you're using a task killer &/or a battery saving app,ditch them & watch your signal improve.

Edit:If you've used more than 1GB of 3G data during your current billing cycle,you're probably being throttled,meaning that your data speeds will be slower (1x) until your next billing cycle starts.
  9. kevinrubio

lol ohh no wonder! but still
  10. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Even when I'm throttled, it still says 3g.
  11. Eaglewtchr

Eaglewtchr Active Member

Thanks.. I didn't think about *228 to re-program my phone.. By By 1x HELLO 3G... :D I use Android Assistant to free memory since alot my apps won't exit properly. (i forget to hit menu and exit them)

Thanks again...