• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do i make the media work

I have a samsung galaxy s captivate i-896. I have a ton of music on my phone and I cannot get it to play aside from through headphone jack. Is there a way to configure it so I can play it through a usb in on my car receiver? I have pissed around for a long time, (had the phone 1 year) and still no luck. I have an external memory card installed that has my music on it. If some one can please tell me how to configure my phone or a link or download app that can make it so that I can hook it up in my car and it play through my cd player usb in? My reciever says no device and cannot recognize device. A freind has an htc and it works and so does another i phone.

Most likely your car stereo does not recognize Android per se, but recognizes a USB storage drive. Just go to menu>settings>wireless and network>USB settings>this is by default usually set to Kies mode. Put it in Mass Storage mode. This will enable your stereo to recognize the phone as a USB storage and detect the music files there.

If there is a Media mode there (on some models there are), it might work too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones