• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do I pre-cache (not stream) music from another device onto Nexus?

Is there a way that I can pre-cache a music file from another device and onto my Nexus 7 and then play it?

I know lots of apps will stream it, but that doesn't work with .wma music files.
Poweramp only plays .wma if it's local on my Nexus 7, no streaming allowed (ugh!)

Is there some way to force pre-caching? Any ideas?

thanks in advance.

One way you could do it is load Bittorrent Sync on both your devices and then sync the music folders on your source device to a folder on the Nexus 7.

That is the easiest way I can think of right, but that is because I am in love with Bittorrent Sync. Drop fancy terms like "pre-cache" and streaming" - what you are really asking is how can I copy my music folder to the Nexus 7 and you probably already know the answer.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones