• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How do I remove my original Gmail account?

First off let me say I need some serious help with this phone. I'm at the point where I'm ready to throw the darned thing out the window and just buy a good old fashioned rotary phone. lol I have a HTC T-Mobile G2. When I got it about a month ago I signed up with an old Gmail account. This is an account I've had since Gmail was first started. It's also an account that has well over 200 ppl in my contact. People I no longer talk to or barely remember. lol

On to my problem.....how the heck do I delete the Gmail account I used when I got my phone. I've since signed up for a new Gmail account and really want to use that. I added my new account, but I can't figure out how to delete/remove the one I signed up with. Help!

Jo

I need help with this also if anyone can help. I also am trying to remove a Gmail Account. If I use:

go to settings > accounts & sync > click your gmail account > at the bottom "remove account"

It says the only way to do this is to restore the phone to factory settings. I'm trying to remove an email address that I just added one month ago. Not the original one I signed up with.

Upvote 0
FYI, It doesn't matter to me if Sync is on or not. I'm trying get it off of the phone because I don't want anyone to pick up my phone and be able to access emails from that gmail account. As it is now, they can switch to the other email without any problem at all. It looks like you could at least password protect the email address that you need to remove. Is there a way to do that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones