• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how do i save a pic that was sent through a pic message????

arielle

Lurker
Jan 26, 2010
my friend sent me a pic of us through a picture message and i wanna save it to my phone album...is this possible? i know u can set it as your lockscreen, wallpaper, footprint, or phone contact...but i wanna save it to my photo albums!!!!! please help. thank you :D

is there any way to change the display names of your apps? like say the "people" app...can i change it to say contacts?

i downloaded the Handcent SMS app for my messages...but i want to change it to say "messages" so when i put it as one of my icons on my home screen i dont get confused...

help! thanks :D

Upvote 0
Long press on the message with the picture, not on the picture, but the message itself and a menu will pop up.

This didn't work for me. When I long press on the message, nothing happens until I let go, and then all I get is the picture. I never get a prompt allowing me to save the picture. This is REALLY annoying.

Also, is there a way to forward an SMS message in the native message app? Seems like kind of a basic thing to be able to do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones