how do i view files copied from my compputer in my phone

Last Updated:

1. lynnis

lynnis Member This Topic's Starter

hi

i just got my aria and i still don't know how i can do anything with it except make and receive calls. i know it's a real waste of an expensive piece of equipment. i copy files via usb to my phone and it shows in my computer that the files are in the phone. however, i can't locate the files in the phone itself, no matter what i do. pls help!!

Advertisement
  2. pentode

pentode Member

I suggest a file explorer type app such as Astro File Manager or EStrongs File Explorer.

3. lynnis

lynnis Member This Topic's Starter

ok thanks. but as i said, i'm a dummy in all things android at the moment. so the language is all new to a previous die-hard nokia user. can u give me a guide for dummies as to how i can download these apps into my phone via usb as i don't have internet connection in the phone itself. also, when i download, what do i do to the phone next, to activate and use it?

4. pentode

pentode Member

I'm quite new to all this myself - also from a Nokia background!

I think that you will need internet access on your phone to be able to download these apps from the market. If you don't have internet access on your phone from your mobile service provider then you will need to connect the phone by wifi to access the internet.

5. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

you can also use 'dropbox' to sync files from your PC and your phone. you dont have to plug your usb cable into your phone to transfer cables. works automagically over the intarwebz

6. dexmix

dexmix Active Member

dropbox is kinda buggy - even the update they sent me via email still has occasional sync issues.
    I prefer mounting it as a disk, and then enabling the debugger to sideload apps. (the same as sideload wonder machine.)