• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do i view texts on the huawei watch?

james_uk

Android Enthusiast
May 27, 2010
I can only seem to be able to reply and discard texts, how can i reply if i dunno what it says? lol

Do i have to use a 3rd party text app to view them, i assumed you would be able to view them with the stock app?

Another question i have is, my girlfriend has an apple watch and on hers you can view texts etc but also within her phone she can add her own text responses for any most common things she may reply to people, how can i add others?

regards

James

I can only seem to be able to reply and discard texts, how can i reply if i dunno what it says? lol

Do i have to use a 3rd party text app to view them, i assumed you would be able to view them with the stock app?
it will depend on the particular sms app on your phone (and "stock" varies by phone manufacturer ). I use Google messenger, like unforgiven. It has good android wear support. You can certainly read sms... either just received or browsing old conversations. With marshmallow on phone and watch, you also have (in messenger) "canned" responses available on the watch..handy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones