How do you add Skype contacts to Fring?

1. Captain Sexy

Captain Sexy Well-Known Member

I had to delete Skype from my Mac as it was causing problems (still dont' know why) but anyway I downloaded fring to use skype from my phone. But I'm not sure how to go about adding skype contacts?

It says add contacts but when I type their name in it's looking for them on Fring not skype. What do I do?

Advertisement
    :
  2. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

I am not able to add skype contacts through fring which is not convenient at all...i have to go through the skype app
  3. Captain Sexy

Crap. How do i do that without having it on my laptop?
  4. THEFORCE

THEFORCE Well-Known Member

there may be a way to do it from the skype website...i havent tried it though
  5. crawform

crawform Member

I struggled with this over the weekend as well. You have to add the skype id to your contact using the phone's people application (skype is a field under the "IM" category). It will then show up in Fring as a contact for you to place a video call to if the user is logged into skype.
  6. slow4g63

slow4g63 Member

you can also go the long route with using a computer.
    get on your phone and make sure it's logged out of skype (disabling it through fring), wait a few minutes for the skype servers to propagate then re-add the skype pluggin in fring and the user should pop right up!
  7. Captain Sexy

I have it set up that way, but when I try to add sombody it only gives me their cell or home as an option not their skype.
  8. certifiedfryguy

certifiedfryguy Active Member

Has anyone been able to make a call to an iphone 4 using fring?
  9. YaBoiD

YaBoiD Well-Known Member

I don't see the option to add the contact's SKYPE either...
  10. Captain Sexy

Let me ask a slightly different question. Can you use skype through another program? QIK? I still dont' understand that one.

why does verizon have a lock on skype?
  11. jongo

jongo Active Member

i have contacts on my skype and it only loaded 2 to fring and not the other one which is the only contact i skype with? whats the deal with this how do i make this work. and it says im not online when i use fring to the other people
  12. tjbevilacqua

tjbevilacqua New Member

I noticed that if I check offline buddies in settings on Fring; I see all my Skype buddies
  13. evoq

evoq Active Member

Try iSkoot from the market. I used to use it on my bb curve for Skype. I haven't tried the Android version as fring + Skype works just fine for me.
    Captain Sexy likes this.