• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How do you close an app without "killing" it?

shaahinjjj

Aug 12, 2010
Hey guys,
I've been reading stuff about task manager apps and now i think it's safe to say that they do more harm to the phone than they do good. But how about the stock task manager on the vibrant? There are apps such as the music player that won't close unless you "end" them in the task manager. How do you manage to close those apps?

Hey guys,
I've been reading stuff about task manager apps and now i think it's safe to say that they do more harm to the phone than they do good. But how about the stock task manager on the vibrant? There are apps such as the music player that won't close unless you "end" them in the task manager. How do you manage to close those apps?
It should be in the notification up top with an icon. Pull down the notification menu and you can go to the specific program and press on the 'pause' button, which kinda closes it.

Took me a bit to grasp from my last phone that uses Windows Mobile.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,

You don't need to close them. Android will close it for you when it needs more memory. Thats the whole point of multitasking. The app is using very little resources and battery power if its sitting idle in the background. So let it run and if Android needs to close the app it will do it on its own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones