• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you guys feel about Hulu backing out of 2.2 Flash

I'm actually OK with it since it's part of Hulu's agreement with the TV show's that they can only show the episodes to people that are verified to be in the U.S. which Hulu cant do on mobile devices, unfortunately. If Hulu broke this agreement the show's would not allow Hulu to exist at all so I am cool with it :)

Upvote 0
you can always change your browser UA string to that of a desktop, then hulu works. someone already did this with a nexus one running 2.2 and hulu worked no problem, but it was a little choppy. hulu did not "back out", they never even agreed to it in the first place.

in your browser type about:debug and then go to browser settings, a bunch of new options will appear. at the bottom is UA string. enjoy:D.

Upvote 0
you can always change your browser UA string to that of a desktop, then hulu works. someone already did this with a nexus one running 2.2 and hulu worked no problem, but it was a little choppy. hulu did not "back out", they never even agreed to it in the first place.

in your browser type about:debug and then go to browser settings, a bunch of new options will appear. at the bottom is UA string. enjoy:D.
Bingo. I wasn't concerned about the lack of Hulu support because I KNEW there would be a way around it. ;)

Upvote 0
This is sooooooo misleading... Hulu did NOT back out of Mobile Support... They are under restrictions of licensing agreements and distribution rights.

Right now, networks and distributors only allow Hulu to be streamed to "Desktop" PC's.

As soon as Flash hits the mobile scene in force, they will have to work on new agreements (if they are not now) and all will be good. It's just a legal setback, in NO WAY has Hulu said they refuse to support it or won't.

Upvote 0
According to folks at XDA, Hulu is blocking it again.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687287

It worked for me yesterday but does not today.

I don't really care. With full Flash there are many, many other sites available to us now and I watched maybe five minutes of Hulu before I moved on to sites like TBS.com which have full episodes of Seinfeld, etc.., and they do not mind us watching.

Screw Hulu.

Upvote 0
Yup, Fancast works great, and the fullscreen button is a hell of a lot easier to hit that the one on hulu(using Dolphin HD). I don't even know where Hulu gets off blocking that crap they call video on their site. Fancast is smooth and looks very nice.

Watching friends right now :) The nice thing is, as opposed to Hulu, Fancast apparently appreciates our business. I watch their ads, they show my TV shows.

That's the way it's supposed to be.

Hulu is acting like Apple

Upvote 0
Maybe cut em some huss guys. Hulu has agreements with the people who supply the content as to how ads will be served and in what environment and vice versa with ad people. Not following through with those agreements could get expensive and they have to protect themselves by making a good faith effort.

If it helps any the fix to their block is already up at xda.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones