• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you rate the Incredible?

How do you Rate the Incredible?

• Its Incredible!

Votes: 176 74.9%
  • Its great!

Votes: 46 19.6%
  • Its just ok, nothing special but will keep it

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Hate it going to return it!

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters
right now i cant figure out how to use it as a bluetooth or usb modem to my mac or PC, or how to use spell check (seriously, this should be fairly straight forward). so, until i get those to 2 things working 0/10...but i havent given up

Hook the USB cable up to the phone. When the pop up comes up with what you want to do with the connection, choose MOBILE BROADBAND CONNECT.

Hope that helps, even if it is off topic.

Upvote 0
Hook the USB cable up to the phone. When the pop up comes up with what you want to do with the connection, choose MOBILE BROADBAND CONNECT.

Hope that helps, even if it is off topic.

tried that, first actually. on my mac i get nothing. on both my windows machines (xp/7, both 32) it installs like 4 drivers then cant find the last 2 (htc modem and something else)

Upvote 0
After having my Incredible for the past 2 days I honestly think my perfect phone would be the Droid... with the form factor of the Incredible.

Ok maybe just the multicolor LED and the Droid's higher resolution screen with the Incredible's multitouch sensor, form factor, and hardware internals. :D

Upvote 0
This thing just flies.

No need to worry about memory, speed, task switching, hand holding. It's handled everything I've thrown at it. I have at least 20 apps by now, multiple widgets, two email accounts, several syncing apps, and it doesn't even hiccup. I can use it like a PC and Get Things Done. No, I've never read that book, but I've heard people say it a lot. :D

Upvote 0
Hey do you have to pay extra for the mobile broadband when tethering this device? I know on my samsung delve I didn't have to pay extra.

Yes, I believe it's $15 a month or somewhere in that price range. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. There are tethering apps in the market though that are cheaper and seem to work pretty good for others.

Reactions: surfbreakn2000
Upvote 0
8/10 for right now. Left my Samsung Omnia (WM 6.5) for this one, and don't regret it at all.

Swype is running great, and there are enough torrents out there for most of the app's I wanted.

Still waiting for a wifi tethering option like WM Wifi Router. I know there are a couple out there but haven't gotten one to work yet..

Upvote 0
OVERALL 7/10

Performance 10/10

Screen
10/10

Ease of learning curve 8/10 (too many hidden functions, learned quickly that menu is my best friend)

App Store
9/10

Battery Life 3/10 HORRIBLE - Thats what you get when you have a laptop on a phone. 4-5 hours between charges is unbearable. YES, before you ask I've tried turning everything off (GPS, LOCATION, forcing closed apps when not in use, etc.)

Internet Experience
10/10

Keyboard/Text Input 10/10 Between Swype, Voice Text Input, and the MANY other keyboards available this is a win win win!

Signal Strength TBA I live in a Metro area (Cincinnati suburb). I always ONLY have 1-2 bars EVER. On my Dare I always had full bars. It's not been a problem so far but I've not ventured to the country to try it yet.

Customization
10/10

FWIW- just my 2 cents.

Day 6 with phone: After 15 hours 15 min I still have 66% left. Seems battery life is getting better or I'm getting better at managing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones