• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How do you type? One hand? Two? What keyboard do u use?

It depends for me - I try to use Swype quite a bit, sometimes use the one handed approach, and have just begun (after 4 months of owning this phone) two use it two handed/vertically. The only thing I don't do is type two handed holding it in landscape - despite my kids telling me it's the fastest way to go, it feels uncomfortable to me. Besides, I'm never sure which way is the best way to turn it so I'm left tipping it back and forth while looking confused :)

Upvote 0
I use some form of Swype. Be it the official Swype, SwiftKey flow, Google keyboard, or lately just the stock keyboard. I could never go back to typing. Sometimes I just hold my phone with 1 hand and Swype with my thumb, but I can Swype faster holding my phone in my left hand and swyping with my right hand's index finger.

Upvote 0
I use some form of Swype. Be it the official Swype, SwiftKey flow, Google keyboard, or lately just the stock keyboard. I could never go back to typing. Sometimes I just hold my phone with 1 hand and Swype with my thumb, but I can Swype faster holding my phone in my left hand and swyping with my right hand's index finger.

Is Swype the thing where you're tracing your finger, or whatever, to type the letters? If so I watched a woman do that on a phone about a year ago and I couldn't figure out how it worked. I have enough trouble just trying to hit the right letters regular typing. I couldn't imagine trying to trace a text message.

Upvote 0
Is Swype the thing where you're tracing your finger, or whatever, to type the letters? If so I watched a woman do that on a phone about a year ago and I couldn't figure out how it worked. I have enough trouble just trying to hit the right letters regular typing. I couldn't imagine trying to trace a text message.

It seemed impossible to me too, when I first saw it, but it's actually pretty easy to use when you get accustomed to it. When you first start using it there's a tutorial to show you how it works - with a little practice, it really can shave time off writing things on your phone.

Upvote 0

Yep. It does take some practice but one you get good at it you can Swype way faster than you can type. I can Swype almost as fast as I can type on my pc. :) I've received compliments from people watching me lol.

Upvote 0
Swype with my thumb. Going from the regular keyboard to Swype is like going from manual 9 key to T9 on older phones. It has a bit of a learning curve, but it's so much faster. I feel bad for iUsers - when the iOS keyboard doesn't even show the letters being capitalized or lower case, you know it's a terrible keyboard, and Apple won't let you change it system-wide.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones