how do you update your IMEI?

Last Updated:

1. ericktrejo987

ericktrejo987 Member This Topic's Starter

i heard that you have to update your IMEI with T-Mobile to get the Bug Fix Update. but i went to the tmobile store and they said they needed my old phone for some reason but i already sold it. then i called tmobile and they had no idea what i was talking about so what number am i supposed to call and what do i tell them specifically?

Advertisement
  2. brmayhem

brmayhem Well-Known Member

I just spoke to a regular t-mo tech over the phone and got my imei updated that way

3. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

For the UK (at least) you can choose the phone from My-Tmobile, and also get settings sent to your phone - mms etc. It automatically can see you're IMEI (that you're sim is registered with right now).

For the US i dont know, but you can just say you got a behold 2 and I think you still have my old phone/serial number on my account.

4. LightofHonor

LightofHonor Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is the point of updating the IMEI? If I bought this phone on e-bay, do I have to get it updated?

Thanks

5. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

TMO sends out updates based on IMEI numbers. So if they are unaware that you have a Behold 2, they can't update it. Otherwise it makes no difference.

6. LightofHonor

LightofHonor Well-Known Member

So I'm guessing it is enough that it shows a behold 2 on my-tmobile? :) Just checking.

7. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

No, they had plugged a dummy number into my account. But then again, I still have not received the update.

8. nomadrider123

nomadrider123 Well-Known Member

to be safe call tmo